Worship is at the very core of synagogue life. At Beth Israel, we offer a variety of worship experiences. Our services weave together Hebrew and English, songs, modern music and traditional chanting.
For the service schedule for January and February, click the link: Service Schedule Jan Feb
Friday Night Services
Check our calendar to find out which service is scheduled for this week!
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services are held on Friday evenings at 5:30 p.m.
- Wine & Cheese Shabbat Services are held on the third Friday evening of the month. Wine & Cheese Pre Neg is served at 5:30 p.m., followed by services at 6 p.m.
- Fiddler Under the Roof Services are Friday night services that feature dancing and singing to the accompaniment of a live band. Services begin at 5:30 p.m.
- JPlace Services (Tot Shabbat) are age appropriate and feature worship through music, movement and storytelling. Services are scheduled for the third Friday evening of the month and start at 5 p.m. They are followed by Shabbat dinner and a craft project.
- The Youth Service is an annual creative Friday evening service that is composed and led by our youth group, BITY.
- Beach Services are periodically held on the Huntington Ave. Beach in Margate on Friday evenings at 5:30 p.m. during the summer.
- The Martin Luther King Service is held during MLK Weekend and features area Baptist Church choirs who join our own choir in song.
Saturday Morning Services
- Shabbat Morning Services begin at 10:30 a.m. every Saturday morning, except during the month of July.
- Rabbi’s Study Class meets each Saturday morning at 9:15 a.m. in the Cohen Library, except during the month of July.
- During the High Holidays, Yom Kippur and Rosh Hashanah, we offer a beautiful and meaningful series of services that include those in the Gusti Engelberg sanctuary, concurrent children’s services and programming, Torah study, and a Tashlich Service and JPlace Young Children’s Services on the Huntington Avenue Beach.
- Holiday Services are scheduled throughout the year. Check our calendar for upcoming programs.